Tuesday 2 February 2016

What happens when.....

I can't believe that I'm saying this but 2016 is actually going to be a year of change for me. A big one too and I really don't know how to feel about that just quite yet.

Honestly I'd rather not think too much about it or else I'd have a stupid anxiety attack in the middle of the day. And the night before, I was laughing at the best friend when she had one out of the sudden. INSTANT KARMA. I'M SO SORRY BEB. ;-;

But anyway, what I was trying to say is...

Every beginning of the year or maybe even the few days before, I'd see people posting things everywhere about new resolutions, or looking back on the highlights of that year and then moving on to say how much their life is going to change. My immediate reaction every time is to roll my eyes because I personally think it's damn fake.

Though I think it's cause I never really cared to reflect on these kind of things. At least not for long because well...

1. Over the years my new year's resolutions are almost ALWAYS never kept. After January it all gets forgotten even if I make the same ones every year. So I think, what is the point?

2. And I don't list down all the good things that happened in the previous year because... There's no other way to put it other than I've forgotten most things that has happened after the past 3 months. If I list down the few things that I'm really grateful for then I can't help but feel guilty cause I know I've forgotten a whole lot of other things.

3. It's not like I'm some celebrity or something so who the hell cares about shit that goes on in my life other than a few really good friends. Who I will talk to over whatsapp rather than publicize shit over Facebook. Unless I really want people to say things like 'oh im so happy for you' (read: fake wishes) and if not, then anything I doesn't matter at all. 

4. Nothing really changes with each new year with me anyway. Seriously, my life is so uneventful that it hardly warrants a loooong reflection post before moving onto some new phase. 

That was until the end of 2015. Anyway, I'm probably ten thousand years late to this whole new year crap but.. Eh, I follow the Chinese calendar (like never cause i dont understand) so I'm quite on time. At least in my head.

And this isn't some self-reflective post where I would be apologizing for all the shitty things that I have done or something like that. Nope, there is going to be none of that here. 

Basically.
Honestly I'm writing this blog post to gloat about the fact that I got a new job! While I'm not 100% sure that this is the correct path quite yet but it's definitely a start to something new & exciting. Actually I think anything is better than my previous job that is boring as heck and was actually getting a little too frustrating to be at everyday.

It would be damn bad of me to just go on complaining about everything that was wrong with the old company that I had been working with. Trust me I can go on for days just talking about all of that but then that would be unprofessional and I can't. Though, maybe ask me in person and I might tell you some of the crazy things. (;

I learned quite a lot in the past two years in this company and am quite grateful for all the care that was given to me. Seriously I am so spoiled there cause I'm the youngest one there so most people looks out for me, till a colleague of mine brings me bird's nest dessert every now and then. Lucky or what?

But I think it is time for a change, career-wise which would lead to lifestyle as well I presume, even if I am terrified of the thought of one. I have grown far too comfortable in my current office that there is not much of a challenge anymore hence I do not have much to grow, career-wise.

And since I am lucky enough to get this opportunity, it would be damn stupid of me to not accept it just because I am scared. So yeah, there's going to be a big change for me this year and starting now. I can only do my best and fingers crossed that everything will turn out fine too - even if I'd be complaining like crazy for the first month.

So to my friends, please completely disregard everything I say for the next one or two months and I'm sorry for the incessant cussing & complaints that are coming. Also don't forget to remind me what a great opportunity this is and that I should be grateful. Yep. Thanks.

Such a beautiful feed and sight to look at.
This is just a glimpse of what my future is going to be full of and also, just to make people jealous a tiny bit. Yes, I love to gloat when I can because I can now safely say that I am working the dream job. Or at least as close to it as I can get at the moment.

Wish me luck!


Nothing is so painful to the human mind as a great and sudden change.
Mary Shelley, Frankenstein


No comments:

Post a Comment